Raspberry Pi starter Kit Buying Guide
Confused with which Raspberry pi starter kit to go for ? Don’t worry, we came with this selection guide to select the starter kit as per your need. If you had visited our store, you may seen that we have variety of starter kit in our store and there are chances that you may get confused with, what are difference between these starter kit?
This guide is mainly focused on Raspberry Pi starter kit on the Edwin Robotics Online store, let us show you what are the different starter kit we have in the store:
These are the kit we offer for the Raspberry Pi. Let us see what are the differences between these kits:
This is the only kit we offer for the Raspberry Pi zero. Users who are willing to build projects using Raspberry Pi Zero, this budget pack is best suitable to start with. The Kit consist of following items:
- Raspberry Pi Zero – the type of low cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi’s known for – a super light, super lean microcomputer
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter – Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable – Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- 8GB Class 10 SD Card – A SD card that’s perfect for burning Raspbian Jessie for the Pi Zero
- 5V 1A Power Supply & USB A/Micro B Cable Or 5V 2A Power Supply w/ Micro USB Cable – the best way to power up your Pi Zero with a stable 5V power supply that wont vary or sag.
- 2×20 Male header strip – Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi.
Now, leaving aside Raspberry Pi zero, we have four varieties of kit available for Raspberry Pi 3, Refer the below table to check the contents under each kit:
RetroPie Gaming Kit Black/White
Starter Kit Black/White
Media Center Kit Black/White
Raspberry Pi 3
5V 3A Power Adapter
USB Game Controller
Mini IR Remote
microSD card (16GB, Class 10 )
Refer the following points to be noted from the table
- Raspberry Pi 3 is common in all the kits
- 5v, 3A power supply Adapter is common in all the Kits
- Official black case are highlighted black. Same black case is available in both the kits
- Same Official White case is available in both the kits
- Media center Kit comes with IR Remote and receiver, whereas Starter kit comes with Heat sink for the Raspberry Pi 3
- Media Center Kit is loaded with Open source media center configured for the IR remote we providing.
- Starter Kit is loaded with latest Raspbian OS with default firmware updates.
Thus, the Media center Kit and Starter Kit comes with two different OS for different purposes. If you are looking to dedicate your Raspberry pi for music, videos, movies, internet, then we will recommend you to go for media center kit which is loaded with OSMC, OSMC (Open Source Media Center) is a free and open source media player based on Linux. OSMC is the leading media center in terms of feature set and community and is based on the Kodi project. Refer our blog on Media center for better idea on OSMC capabilities.
If you are looking to build some projects using raspberry Pi, sensors and I/O devices, then use our Raspberry pi starter kit, which is loaded with Raspbian, Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware, it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.
We hope, now things are more clear to you. Click the links below to order kit based on your requirement:
If you are willing to order one customized kit as per you requirement, Contact us with your requirements. we will get back to you as early as possible.